I love holidays a lot and my family too, sharing and spending time together are great things about this events, the only part that I don’t really like is the amount of leftovers I have during this times of the year.
Sometimes we eat leftovers for like a week, specially in thanksgiving, and by the time we finish I don’t really know what else to make with turkey; for easter, it very similar, but easier for me to create different recipes for my family to enjoy.
This time I have lots of bread, and the perfect way for me to use day old bread it’s to make bread pudding. This is a great recipe if you want a bread pudding with a different twist, cheese and pineapple are the perfect combinations to make it more interesting and a little different from everything else.
Not very sweet and cook to perfection, is definitely a new favorite in my house and maybe the new request for our easter dinner.
- Any kind of day old bread that you have, cut in pieces.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporate milk
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 small can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together, condensed milk, eggs, evaporated milk, nutmeg, pineapple juice and butter, then add cheese and pineapple, add to the bread cut in pieces, I used 1 loaf of french bread cut in cubes.
- With your hand start mixing all the ingredients until the bread is super soft and the liquid is completely absorb by the bread.
- Place in a grease mold, I used 4 little baking dishes the I recently bought but you can use any kind you like, just make sure you can fix all the mixture in it, don’t want to waste any drop.
- Bake for 50 minutes, serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe makes 4 small pans or 1 normal size.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||50 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Need more ideas? Check out this wonderful recipes.
- Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Cilantro Deviled Eggs by Our Good Life
- Rissole by Brunch with Joy
- Savory Basque Tart by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast and Brunch
- Breakfast Burritos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Enchiladas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten-Free Ham Spinach & Gruyère Quiche by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Ham and Egg Hash by Whole Food | Real Families
- Matzo Brei Pancakes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Savory Ham and Scallion Corn Cakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Black Pepper Fried Brown Rice with Ham by Food Done Light
- Cajun Hambalaya by Palatable Pastime
- Cal-Mex Avocado and Egg Salad by eating in instead
- Chunky Healthy Egg Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Ham Fried Rice by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by Wallflower Girl
- Pan-Fried Ham with Okra and Red-Eye Gravy by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon, Asparagus and Capers Panini by Family Foodie
Soups and Salads
- Ham and Corn Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Southern Ham Macaroni Salad by Magnolia Days
- Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Apple Blueberry Flip Flop by Recipe for Perfection
- Brownies with Kentucky Bourbon and Chocolate Mint Ganache by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Croissants by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheese and Pineapple Bread Pudding by Basic N Delicious
- Easter Candy Bark by Pies and Plots
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Brownie No Bake Cheesecake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Matzo S’mores by Desserts Required
- Sunshine Cake by The Ninja Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.