I’m so happy to be back and baked in this group, it fell really good.
And this month we are baking with my daughter favorite fruit, Strawberry, oh my all the possibilities the you can make with this fruit is just perfect for anything.
I made a pound cake, classic and delicious, perfect for a rainy or snowy afternoon; if thats the case, and of course you can eat it just like that it is the most fabulous and easy cake you can make.
I hope you make it and love it just as much as my family do.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups of chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt, sit aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, add eggs one by one, mix vanilla with milk and start adding dry ingredients with wet ingredients in 3 additions, starting with dry and finishing with dry.
- Then add by hand the strawberries, be very careful and incorporate well.
- Pour the batter in 2 loaf pans equally distributed.
- Bake for 1 hour, once bake let cool for 20 minutes take out of the pan and place on a rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes 2 small pound cakes.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Don’t forget to check out more delicious inspired strawberry ideas here:
- Strawberry Almond Quick Bread by Renee from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas by Renee from Kudos Kitchen
- Brioche Loaves with Fresh Strawberry Jam by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
- Strawberry Buttermilk Scones by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls by Felice from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Framboise Muffins with Strawberry Jam by Rossella from Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Strawberry Dessert Rolls by Dionne from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Strawberry Hazelnut Buttermilk Quick Bread by Heather from girlichef
- Strawberry Swirl Sweet Rolls by Donna from Cookistry
- Strawberry Bread by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sweet Bread by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins by Deepti from Baking Yummies
- Strawberry Danish by Karen from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Bagels by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Strawberry Pound Cake by Kathya from Basic N Delicious
#TwelveLoaves March: Strawberries. February was a delicious month of Chocolate breads! We are ready for spring and chose Strawberries for our March theme! Choose a recipe featuring strawberries. (Your bread of choice could be accented with fresh or dried strawberries, strawberry preserves) Whatever you bake, (yeasted, quick bread, crackers, muffins, braids, flatbreads, etc) have fun and let’s have a delicious month of bread with STRAWBERRIES. Let’s get baking!
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this March, 2014, and posted on your blog by March 31, 2014.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess. #TwelveLoaves runs so smoothly thanks to the help of the lovely Renee from Magnolia Days and this month the fabulous Alice of Hip Foodie Mom.