After a long time not posting I’m glad to be sharing with all of you again some recipes.
Summer is become a little busy, funny right, thats why is bean like a month without recipes here, but have no fear, we are back and ready for more delicious and exited recipes.
Now today I want to share this delicious raisin coconut bread the I made for my friend Faye at the The Leftovers Club.
Is delicious and perfect to take on a road trip, picnic or BBQ, is great with coffee, tea or any kind of drink.
It had two of my favorite flavors, lemon and coconut, of course the raisins are not bad at all but you know me, I love coconut.
I know is a little hot to bake in the summer, but this bread is to good not to make.
Enjoy and I hope you like it.
If you want to join The Leftovers Club just click and make sure to read all the rules or just send me an email and I will send the info to you.
- 3 cups AP Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- zest of one lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup graded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer ad sugar and butter and cream for 5 minutes, then add the eggs one by one and the vanilla extract.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt, ad the lemon zest.
- The alternated the dry ingredients with the half and half, ad by hand the raisins and the coconut.
- Pour the mixture in a baking pan previously grease, and bake for one hour.
This recipe makes 1 bread.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|