This is just the most simple, delicious, low in sugar cinnamon you’ll find, is just perfection in a bite.
And this week our host for #SundaySupper Heather from girlichef, give the challenge to make any recipe with squash, and happened the I have a can of pumpkin puree, I need it to use it ASAP, this theme was perfect for me.
So, I made this amazing rolls, not your typical cinnamon roll, no, this is beyond that.
I personally love this recipe, because, is very low in sugar, so when you eat this rolls is not gonna be over sweet.
And the best part you can eat it with or without a frosting.
I hope you love them as much as I and enjoy at any hour of the day.
FOR THE BASIC DOUGH
- 3 packages of active yeast
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast and the warm water, let it rest for 5 minutes, then in low speed add honey, eggs and butter, still in low speed add salt and the flour 1 cup ad the time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Once ready, place the dough in a lightly flour surface, roll out to form a rectangle, then start with the filling, first spread the pumpkin puree and after that sprinkle the cinnamon, brown sugar and the pecans.
- Roll in the dough and cut in 1″ pieces, about 30 small pieces or 22 medium pieces, that is up to you. Place in a grease baking dish. Cover with a towel and let it rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Before baking spread some melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes.
|Preparation time:||40 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
And if you are hungry for more, check this recipes, they are to die for too.
Breakfasts and Breads
- Maple Butternut Squash Donuts from Mess Makes Food
- Pumpkin Sweet Rolls from Basic N Delicious
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones with Maple Nutmeg Icing from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Appetizers, Starters, and Condiments
- Butternut Squash and Couscous Patties-Indian Inspired from Soni’s Food
- Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Lamb from girlichef
- Quick Pumpkin Butter from Shockingly Delicious
Soups, Sandwiches, and Salads
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili from Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Pumpkin Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Grilled Cheese from Ruffles & Truffles
- Butternut Squash Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hearty Quinoa Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash from Citronlimette
- Roasted Buttercup Squash and Black Bean Soup (Dairy free) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Squash and Sesame Noodle Salad from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Quesadillas from The Dinner-Mom
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Balsamic Brown Butter from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Butternut Squash Lasagna from Hip Foodie Mom
- Butternut Squash-Sage Cream Sauce with Sausage Spaghetti from Daily Dish Recipes
- Carnival Squash with Maple Sausage Stuffing from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Butternut Squash with Spicy Wild Rice and Queso Fresco from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Pumpkin Alfredo from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Enchiladas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Risotto with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Pecans from The Weekend Gourmet
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprout Pizza from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Messy Baker
- Spaghetti Squash in a Creamy Sausage Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi from Pescetarian Journal
- Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Cranberries from Noshing With The Nolands
- Butternut Squash and Apple Crumble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chorizo and Craisin Stuffed Acorn Squash from Family Foodie
- Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash from The Urban Mrs
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese from Big Bear’s Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic Vinegar Honey Butter from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Squash and Apples from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Chipotle Butternut Squash Fries from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Twice Baked Pumpkin Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Browned Butter Frosting from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars from Pies and Plots
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Squashin’ Winter #SundaySupper from Enofylz Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.