Definitely time goes fly, and I can’t believe the its already #BundtBakers time, and I want to say thank you to Kelly Lawson of Passion kneaded for hosting this month.
We have a very interesting theme, we make all kinds of bundt cake s, sweet and savory inspired by breakfast, because is the most important meal of the day.
And I love making different kinds of cake specially if you can enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning.
I incorporate two of my favorites flavors in the morning, blueberries and orange, in this case I used orange juice, well you work with wherever you have on hand, specially without coffee… 😀
And let me tell you, this is a perfect, delicious, balance for your morning, not super sweet between, a tart orange flavor, and a explosion in your mouth of the blueberries, is just out of this world.
I hope you like it and let me know whats your favorite bundt or breakfast flavor.
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and add the orange zest.
- Cream sugars and butter for 5 minutes, then add the eggs one by one, the vanilla extract and start alternating dry ingredients with buttermilk and orange juice, remember start with dry and end with dry.
- Add by hand the blueberries, mix until incorporate, be carful wit the blueberries.
- Place the batter in a grease bundt cake and bake for one hour.
This recipe makes 1 bundt cake.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
This month, the Bundt Bakers are baking up breakfast. We have 15 beautiful Bundts (both sweet and savory) that would be perfect for your breakfast or brunch table.
- Breakfast Banana Bundt Cake from Varada at Varada’s Kitchen
- Blackberry Chocolate Coffee Cake from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Breakfast Bundt from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Callaloo & Saltfish Mini Bundt from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Cheesy Bacon Sausage Brioche Bundt from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cheesy Breakfast Sausage Bundt from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Feta Cheese and Sundried Tomato Breakfast Bundt from Maria at Box of Stolen Socks
- French Toast Bundt Cake with Maple-Bacon Glaze from Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Granola Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Individual Breakfast Banana & Ginger Nutella Glazed Oatmeal Bundt Cakes from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Maple Bacon Bundt Cake with Bacon Pecan Streusel Swirl from Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Mimosa Bundt Cake from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Orange Blueberry Bundt Cake from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Sausage and Potato Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Whole Grain Breakfast Blueberry Mini Bundts from Laura at The Spiced Life