And we have chili today, Oh my! yes today is a chili sunday in a good way, and this is my first time making it, and let me tell you I love the experience of making chili, is so different and delicious, yum!
The #SundaySupper team is doing a chili cook off and we want you to participate and choose the best recipe.
I made turkey chili, low calorie chili, because I want to enjoy a good bowl of chili without all the gilt and don’t think this chili is zero flavor, no, no ,no it has so much flavor the you won’t believe is low calorie.
So come and enjoy this recipes, vote for your favorite and I hope my recipe inspire you to make your own.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14 ounces can tomatoes with chili
- 1 can low sodium pinto beans 14 ounces drained and rinse
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a pot and melt the butter, cook onions, celery, garlic, bell peppers, oregano and cumin for 5 minutes on medium heat, add the turkey and cook for 5 minutes more.
Add the can of tomatoes with chili, stir, add tomato sauce, pinto beans, ketchup, salt and pepper, lower the heat and let it boil for 10 minutes.
You can serve this chili with a side of fat free sour cream, fresh pico de Gallo and low fat cheese.
Calories per serving 285 Fat 120
Yields 4 servings.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE!
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.