This month we are all over spring, and the bundt cakes are inspired by this beautiful season.
Who doesn’t love spring, saying goodbye to the winter, the smell of the flowers and all the cleaning the we need to make, yes I do really clean my house like nobody business.
And this month I have to said thank you to Tara from Noshing with the Nolands for this amazing theme.
Ok but back to the cake, with a classic flavor in this season lemon, and some coconut flavor just to give you a preview of the summer.
This cake has a soft crumb, with a strong flavor of lemon and coconut, a little tart but sweet and with some crunchy peaces.
Hope you make and enjoy it.
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and add the lemon zest, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, then, add the eggs one by one, next add vanilla and coconut extract, mix for 2 minutes.
- To make this cake moist and with a soft crumb, we alternate dry ingredients with the buttermilk, and important is start with dry and finish with dry, at the end you did tree additions of flour and two of buttermilk, after all is combine, add the coconut by hand and mix just to incorporate the coconut.
- Prepare a bundt cake pan, and add the batter, give it a little paddle to the button just to make sure there is no air bobbles, bake for 1 hour.
- My bundt pan is about 10 cups of capacity.
This recipe makes 1 bundt cake.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
- Babka with Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks from Laura at The Spiced Life
- Bunny Nest Carrot Mini Bundts from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Bursting-With-Berries Lemon Curd Bundt Cake from Felice at All That’s Left Are Crumbs
- Carrot Tea Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Colorful Spring Bundt Cake from Varada at Varada’s Kitchen
- Easter Bunny Bundt from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Easter Egg Cake from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Easter Pound Cake from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Hot Cross Mini Bundt from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon & Elderflower Bundt Cake from Maria at Box of Stolen Socks
- Lemon Coconut Bundt Cake from Kathia at Basic N Delicious
- Mini Lemon Spring Bundts from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze from Melanie at Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days