Ok guys is the time to share delicious cookies, are you ready? Well this month we have a variety of cookies inspired in next month independence day, so you can plan ahead for the picnic or family gather.
All things delicious, with different ingredients and all shapes and colors.
I made this lemon blueberry cookies, pack in fresh blueberries, and refreshing lemon flavor, they are like cake type of cookie, so not the typical crunchy cookie, but super delicious.
I hope you like them as much as we did.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- the zest of one lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- pitch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Place sugar, brown sugar, cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and cream for 5 minutes, add the egg and mix for 1 more minute.
- Add vanilla extract, in another bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest, and alternate with the milk to the above mixture.
- Add by hand the blueberries and incorporate very carefully,
- Chill for 1 hour.
- After the hour place the dough in little balls, about 1 tablespoon each, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe makes 30 cookies.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes plus 1 hour of chilling|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
The Creative Cooke Exchange theme this month is Red, White, and Blue. Independence Day is coming soon and we have to celebrate! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura via email (thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com) and she will get you added to our Facebook group where we coordinate events.
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Dried Berries and White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies by Kathia at Basic N Delicious
- Patriotic Pinwheel Cookies by Becca at It’s Yummi!
- Raspberry and Blueberry Alfajore Cookies by Brenda at What’s Cooking America
- Raspberry Lemon Blueberry Bars by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Red, White, & Blue Oatmeal Cookies by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Spicy Blue Cheese Shortbread Cookies by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Sprinkle Cookies by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vanilla Pudding Cookies, Red White and Blue by Jill at Made With Love