Is so hot this days and I’m sure that you think the same, but nothing can’t compare to a homemade biscuit, and this month our lovely host Pavani from Cook’s Hideout give us the great challenge of creating a delicious bread recipe using our Summer Bounty! Yes easy, practical and summer special recipes for you to make.
If you ask me my staple veggies to have in hand, I would said, carrots, onions and potatoes, everybody love this veggies, you can make a sweet or savory recipe with this 3 vegetables and all the recipes taste delicious.
And that is why I made this biscuits, inspire by the sweetness of the carrots in a savory dish. This biscuits are not super sweet, you can easily smear some butter on then, soft, nutty and perfect to take with you and eat them on the go.
I truly love this recipe and I hope you love too. I want to hear what you think, so don’t forget to leave me a comment.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powder milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon grown cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a food processor add all the ingredients minus the half and half and butter, pulse until just combine.
Add the butter and pulse again about 4 times, then add the half and half gradually, by pulsing at the same time.
This recipe makes 6 drop biscuits.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||14 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here.
Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha’s Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla – Onion Pizza from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker’s House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm